Sunday, June 7, 2015

Happy Homecoming to The Isle of Mull

LIDay #10. June 6

Cheerio England! Hello, Bonnie Scotland! Today was an all day drive with mostly rain and fog on the hills. We even saw patches of snow on one. By the time we got to Oban to catch our ferry to the Isle of Mull the sun was trying to come out...and it finally did in patches. Trying to stand on deck on our ferry ride was challenging with very gusty winds and misty spray...I could hardly stand up to take photos, but as you see I was able to capture a few. The drive to our house (Aros Mains) for the week was so pretty with mountains and pretty little coves. Quickly unpacked (sort of) and went off to dinner! We all chose fish dishes, delicious fish pie for 3 of us and fish and chips for Malcolm. I was eager to get outdoors to check out our surroundings so donned my boots and was exhilarated by my circular walk round the ruined castle. In places the track was very muddy. At one place I sunk in mud up to my ankles and had to tug hard to get out. Maggie, owner of our house for the week, said it's been one of the rainiest springs in a long time. Bluebells fill the fields and the evening views were wonderful. Can hardly wait for tomorrow. Signs of a bicycle race on the island tomorrow are everywhere. Good night!








No comments:

Post a Comment